Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 Reading List

Although its been awhile since I've made time to sit down with a hot cup of tea and a book, I wanted to share with you my reading list for 2011. I love books! And even though I haven't had time to read, I am constantly buying new books. Now, I'll admit most of the books I buy have more pretty photos and pictures than text. One of my favorite quotes is from Lewis Carroll's, Alice in Wonderland (one of my favorite books!)

"What is the use of a book, without pictures or conversations?"

Its been so long since I've sat down and lost myself in a good story. Taking time out of your day for reading is relaxing and a great rainy day activity. Living in Portland, Oregon, I have A LOT of rainy days ahead of me and after this holiday season I am ready to relax and daydream.

Here is my latest reading list:

1. Creative Inc. By Meg Mateo Llasco
2. Beatris & Virgil by Yann Martel
3. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris


And just for fun, I thought I'd share my reading wish-list too:

1. My Cool Caravan: An Inspirational Guide to Retro-Style Caravans By Jane Field-Lewis
2. The Selby Is In Your Place By Todd Selby
3. Crafting a Meaningful Home By Meg Mateo Llasco
4. Sugar Sack Quilts: 12 Quilts Using Vintage Or Reproduction Fabrics By Glenna Hailey

What books are on your reading list? Do you have any suggestions for new reads?

3 comments:

Megan V said...

Nice reading list! David Sedaris books are great. And of course I always hear good things about Craft Inc.! Augustin Burroughs books are great too - I put them right up there with David Sedaris. Enjoy your snuggly rainy days!
p.s. The change to the blog looks great!

alisonml said...

I guess I have to read Creative Inc now, since I got it for xmas.

The squirrel book is... life changing. I read it on the plane and now I look at the world completely differently... maybe in a bad way. It's twisted.

I just reread Middlesex which is amazing... and if you want stupid but fun reading check out Madeline Brent, no one else does.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation Megan! I'll definitely check that author out.

Craft Inc is a book I started reading last year and have yet to finish. I'm loving Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk. Fun short stories are perfect for me right now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails