Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Artist of the Day: Jeaneen Carlino

I stumbled upon the work of Jeaneen Carlino via Design for Mankind over the weekend and was totally captivated by her colorful paintings of fierce sheroes in the wild. I love the connection she has created between women and nature.

She says, "My work is a metaphysical embellishment of a hinterland dreamscape that has developed based on the necessity to escape from the complexities of life. Within this ethereal landscape, heroines and villainesses frolic and wander about, accompanied by their spirit animals that they maternally protect."





So completely awesome :)
Check out more of her work on her website.

2 comments:

Plantress said...

these are alot of fun. Super heroine esque!
Plantress

good luck in your online class! I like your portfolio

Anonymous said...

those are great! I love the colors! and I always love a bad ass brown girl. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails